Recent Investigations & News
- Ethical Financial Advisors Can Help Clients Avoid or Spot Fraud, Says the North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA)
Some estimates suggest American seniors lose nearly $40 billion a year due to elder financial fraud According to a 2015 report from the retirement planning site True Link, American senior citizens ...Read more
- Be on the Lookout: 3 Common Signs of an Investment Scam
Awareness will help you avoid becoming a victim of elder financial fraud Investment fraud is something that can affect anyone, but elderly people seem to be targeted the most. According to ...Read more
- New FINRA Guidelines Aim to Protect Seniors from Elder Financial Fraud
Learn about the safeguards that can help older investors The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) is a nonprofit organization overseen by the government and tasked by the securities industry to protect ...Read more
- SEC Takes Action to Reduce Instances of Senior Fraud
New rules are intended to assist financial institutions in reducing the amount of investment fraud targeting seniors and other vulnerable investors. Senior investment fraud. Elder fraud. Elder financial abuse. Scamming older ...Read more
- How to Spot Elder Financial Fraud (and How Ethical Financial Advisors Should Act to Stop It)
Advisors and other trusted professionals have an ethical duty to stop senior financial fraud Elder financial fraud is an increasingly serious issue in the U.S. As more Americans become seniors – ...Read more
- Elder Financial and Investment Fraud Continues to Grow at an Alarming Rate
Research suggests nearly 40% of American seniors may experience financial abuse Across the U.S., millions of seniors each year become the victims of fraudulent financial and investment scams. In fact, one ...Read more
- FINRA plays an important role in our financial system. Learn how.
Learn how the organization protects you as an investor If you have been investing for a while or you follow news about the securities industry, you have probably heard about the ...Read more
- The SEC Guide to Protecting Seniors Against Investment Fraud
The SEC guide offers a variety of suggestions to help senior citizens protect their assets from fraud An estimated 7.3 million American seniors have been victimized by financial or investment fraud, ...Read more
- Good News About Elder Financial Fraud?
Yes and no. One survey states the proportion of elder financial fraud victims is down, but thieves are choosing more lucrative targets According to estimates, billions of dollars are stolen from ...Read more
- Older Americans Face Exploitation and Financial Abuse in Record Numbers
A report from the Florida Bar Journal cites studies indicating elder financial abuse is a growing trend The number of elderly Americans is growing like never before. Census projections indicate that ...Read more
OUR FREE PROMISE
NO RECOVERY, YOU OWE US NOTHING
To contact our attorneys please fill out the form below.